6/22/11

...do w.h.a.t.?!

"...As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." -Isaiah 55:9

I love that verse. I totally agree and can totally vouch for it's validity! Something that has been insanely obvious to me recently is this; almost everything that the Bible calls us to do is against our natural human reactions.
Here's a few examples;

-When someone offends us, we are to turn the other cheek.

-When we do something wrong, we are fess up to the consequences instead of lying or cheating.

- ::gasp::: We are to love our enemies!

-If someone takes your coat, give them your cloak also.

-Give to any man that asks.

-Pray for our enemies.


-Go the extra mile.

-You are not a profitable servant until you go the extra mile.

-Submit to authority, whether you like it or not.

-Here's the killer: to be the
greatest in the kingdom you have to be the servant of all.

-Seek FIRST eternal things before you pursue earthly obligations.

-Be anxious for nothing.

-Fear not.

-You are more blessed to give than receive.

-Rejoice in our sufferings (for Christ).



If you save your life, you'll lose it.

Wow. Is that not an amazing list? Sometimes I follow the Bible- holding my tongue the whole time-because it simply makes no sense to me why I should do this, that, or the other. But remember that verse-know that he has His plans and reasons (honestly, why would the road be called "narrow" if it made any sense to our carnal minds?)-and it'll make loving your antagonistic neighbors a lot easier to handle!

Philippians 1:20-21;
"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."






No comments:

Post a Comment