7/13/11

...HERE I COME!

I love the look on my friend's faces when I tell them that my dad doesn't make me or either of my siblings pay a penny of our trip to Gleanings every year. I guess I'm the only one that has had a free ride so far. :D
Anyway, this year, money is tight over here (pastor's wages, you know?), so I decided to make a little money to help my dad out this trip. Well, thanks to lots of work and many generous donors to the cause, I (with the help of my siblings) have officially raised 700$ (to the DOLLAR!) to put towards Gleanings for the Hungry.
That'll pay for everything. For all four of us! Food up and back, gas, board, everything.

Now. When I tell people that I pay 150$ a head to go down to California, spend my vacation time, and work in the 103 degree heat, they often pinch themselves. ::laughs::

But wow. It's...amazing. To be able to pray for every peach as it goes by and know that it will be used to reach someone with the gospel is a feeling not soon to be forgotten. I met some of my best friends down there. The bright sunshine shining down on us in the courtyard on break, everyone downing as much food as they can because lunch isn't for another 2 hours. ::laughs:: The intoxicating scent of sulfer mixed with the smell of millions of peaches. The worship, the unfailing miracles, the prayer, the sheer presence of G-d that is so unmistakeable on that base.
Lord willing, I'll be heading out August 27th. And I can't wait.
Video: Household of Faith team, 2010

1 comment:

  1. That was a very unflattering picture of me at 5:23. :-P Just a little over six weeks until we go and I am very excited. Gleanings here we come!

    ReplyDelete